Privacy Statement and our Legal Responsibilities
General Data Protection Regulations
This privacy statement is set out to inform you of what data we may need to collect from you and how we process or share this data. Your information will be held electronically by JT Property Matters and stored securely via systems created byAgentpro and Microsoft.
Information we may hold about you
You full name, where you live and how to contact you. Other information including, your title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, financial details, and the records and contents of anycorrespondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us. Any information required by law for Anti-Money Laundering Regulations (AMLR) and proof of funds for any purchasers.
How we will use information held about you
Most of this information will be held securely and not shared with any 3rd party without your verbal or written consent. This does not apply to information we are required to share by law with regulations set by AMLR or theNational Crime Agency (NCA). Please note that any seller or buyer will have AML checks run through a 3rd party for our compliance with the law. The company carrying out this work is Creditsafe UK.
Companies we may share your information with your consent:
Thomas andThomas Solicitors for conveyancing
Devonalds Solicitors for conveyancing
Pheonix Financial Services for mortgage advice
Stacey Surveys for EPC’s
Rent4Sure for tenant referencing – tenants contact details may be passed to tradesmen forarranging for any periodic checks, certificates or routine work that needs to be carried out on their rental property whilst under management of JT Property Matters.
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances):
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling.
You havethe right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It hasenforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protectionlaw: www.ico.org.uk
Your information will be provided to us when eitherlooking to sell or buy a property, letting or renting a property and will beused to guide you through this process either for mailing purposes if you arelooking to rent or buy or as per any agreement signed or verbally agreed between you and us.
You can opt out at any time and this will stop anyfurther communications or use of information held about you. We will remove any information held about you if requested as long as this does not interfere without statutory duties set out for HMRC, AMLR or NCA.
Please note it can take up to onecalendar month for a request to be fulfilled for general JT Property Matterscommunications because of pre-planned or ongoing activity.
We are registered as a datacontroller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office and our dataprotection registration number is ZA306950.
Anti- Money Laundering
JT Property Matters is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with ourlegal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that the real estate industry isa target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminalactivity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity to National Crime Agency.
As part of this commitment we adopta strict compliance of all applicable Anti Money Laundering rules, with specific emphasis on the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money LaunderingRegulations 2017, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Terrorism Act 2000.
JT Property Matters is registeredand supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the MoneyLaundering Regulations 2017.
Acceptable documents - Money Laundering Regulations 2017
As with all Estate Agents, JT Property Matters is subject to the Money Laundering Regulations 2017. This means that we have to obtain and hold identification and proof of address for all customers. Additionally, we are also required to establish whether there are any beneficial owners on whose behalf the transaction or activity is taking place, hence, we would request you to identify anyone who you would consider to be a beneficial owner. Where appropriate, the source or destination of funds may also be requested. Without this information we will be unable to proceed with any work on your behalf.
Below is a list of acceptable identity documents. We require sight of all original or certified documents. Subject to your individual circumstances JT Property Matters may liaise with you for further/other documentation.
Individual identity documents
JTProperty Matters requires one document from List A and one document from List B.
List A - Identity Document
· Current signed passport
· Valid UK driving licence
· EEA member state identity card
List B - Proof of Address
UK/EU/EEADrivers Licence (if UKDrivers Licence not used as ID)
Must be valid, not expired. Photo only. Full or provisional.
Bank, Building Society or Credit Union Statement
Dated with 3 months. Must include account number and show recent activity.No general correspondence.
Dated within 3 months. Must include account number and show recent activity.No general correspondence.
UK, EU,EEA Mortgage statement
Dated within 12 months. Must show account number. No general correspondence.
Dated within 6 months E.g. Gas, electricity, water. Must show address for service and/or account number. No general correspondence.
Dated within 6 months E.g. Landline or mobile pay monthly (excluding pay asyou go). Must show address for service and/or account number. No general correspondence.
Dated within 12 months. Must show address for service and/or account number.No general correspondence.
Dated with 12 months. Must state full name and full property address. Issued by local council, housing association, solicitor or reputable letting agent.
Benefits Entitlement Letter
Dated within 12 months. Issued by DWP or Jobcentre plus. Must confirm benefit payable at time of issue. E.g. Pension, disability, single parent, housing etc.
HMRC Tax Notification
Dated with 6 months. Must state national insurance number and taxcalculation. No general correspondence.
Home or Motor Insurance Certificate
Dated within 12 months. Must state insured address or registered address forvehicle and policy number. No general correspondence.
UK solicitors letter confirming house purchase/land registration
Dated with 3 months. Must state full name of new proprietor and full property address.
NHSMedical Card orletter from GP confirming registration
Dated within 3 months. Must state individual’s date of birth and NHS number.No general correspondence.
Officialconfirmation of Electoral Register entry or official poll card
Dated within 12 months. Must state full name and full address. No general correspondence.
Police Registration Certificate
Dated within 12 months. Must state the full residential address of the individual.
If you are acting as a Representative of an Estate we require the following:
· Grant ofProbate (if a will was left)
· Letter of administration (if no will left)
· Individual identity evidence from List A & B for thePersonal Representative, either executor or administrator
If you are acting as a Representative of a UK Company we will also require the following:
· Certificate of Incorporation
· Articlesof Association
· Memorandum of Association
· Latest Annual Return or Confirmation Statement, with details of current company officers
· If offshore, nominee director declaration and a general power of attorney
· Individual identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company
If youare acting as a Representative of an Offshore Company we will also require the following:
· Certificate of Incorporation
· Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, Latest Annual Return with details ofcurrent company officers, Share Certificate(s) showing the Ultimate Beneficial Owner OR
· Certificateof Incumbency
· If the shares are owned by another company, repeat steps above for the holding company
· Nominee director declaration and/or general Power of Attorney (if applicable)
· Individualidentity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company
If you are acting as a Representative of a Trust we require the following:
· Trust deed
· List of trustees
· List of beneficiaries
· Individual Identity evidence from List A & B for all individuals with a vested interest in 25% or more of the capital and/or those who exercise control over the Trust